Full time position
The basic role is to work in process development projects in developing cell production processes and their base operation steps according to Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP).
The role entails a broad range of duties and the specific areas of focus will be dependent on the skills and experience of the person holding the role.
The Development Specialist/Bioengineer will work closely together with Development Engineers and Scientist and Project Managers of development projects.
• Write experimental plans and protocols.
• Perform experiments following specific protocols.
• Take ownership of projects and being aware of the deliverables, timelines.
• Being aware of the training requirements and actively communicate with the team and line manager.
• Analyze results and write reports.
• Write, review and revise quality documents (Work Instructions, Work Sheets, SOPs).
• Prepare presentation for internal and external meetings.
• Lab duties.
• From time-to-time the Development Manager may add other research or development projects.
Education, skills and experience
• Completed education as laboratory technician, MBO/MLO or Bachelor’s degree in biology or biotechnology.
• Background in laboratory and analytical methods in cell culture, biotechnology and immunology.
• Interest and experience in laboratory devices.
• Experience in cell therapy sector with special focus on large scale cultures maintenance.
• Ability to bring tasks efficiently to results.
• Ability to analyse scientific data and put into context.
• Interest to perform laboratory experiments in large volumes.
• Passion to translate scientific ideas into a procedure to manufacture a cell therapy product.
Conditions of employment
• After a successful probation period a permanent contract is extended;
• Competitive salary
• Pension premium contribution;
• Travel allowance or public transport reimbursement;
• 25 holidays; and
• Holiday pay.
Do you have what it takes?
Please apply by sending your cover letter and CV in English to Liana van Genuchten (HR@Glycostem.com). We reply to you within 3 working days.
Want to know more?
E-mail our HR department at HR@Glycostem.com for more information about Glycostem and the selection process.
Recruiters should not contact us.
Please be aware that your application means that the information you provide will be shared by and with HR and the employees who are involved with the procedure. In case the procedure with you ends, your application and provided information will be deleted within four weeks after the moment you have been informed. Your name and date of application will be registered in our database for statistical use and status only. By applying you agree with and have taken notice of these conditions.