“Will you support us making cancer a chronic disease?”
Full time position
As Manager Quality Control you will be responsible for managing a team of young, driven QC-professionals in a GMP environment on activities related to cell therapy and regenerative medicines. You will lead your team in establishing the in-process and final product testing of allogeneic cell products in accordance to GMP and applicable international guidelines.
In this position, the Manager Quality Control will interact with internal clients and he/she can make an important contribution to advancing this exciting new area of drug development for Glycostem.
You can give relevant technical/GMP support to your QC professionals at the QC department and you appreciate to work in a quality-oriented environment. Experience with standard cell biological assays and analytical procedures (ELISA, FACS, cell counting, viability, sterility testing etc.) is a must. You are a people-oriented team leader, pro-active thinker, accurate, precise and constructively critical and able be a mentor and train lower level on basic quality tasks.
In this role you must establishes methods and procedures for attaining specific goals and objectives, and receives guidance in terms of broad goals. Only the final results of work are typically reviewed.
- Responsible for managing the QC department in a fast-growing environment (work planning, staffing and training, performing QC testing, review and approval of batch/unit records);
- Leading a team of QC Associates;
- Consult with quality management on decisions to ensure alignment and agreement;
- Completion of QA deliverables associated with change controls;
- Responsible that all QC assays, documentation and equipment comply with GMP;
- Assist with writing protocols, reports, SOP and testing documents;
- Responsible for writing/reviewing departmental related Change Controls, Deviations / Out of Specifications, and Corrective and Preventive Actions;
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Education, skills and experience
The job as QC manager will be held by a person with:
· BSc /MSc. in Science, Biotechnology or related discipline with focus on cell biology and/ or human cell culturing techniques (stem cells, primary cells and/or tissue culture);
· 5 years’ experience in a GMP-certified industrial QC laboratory;
· 2 years’ experience in managing direct reports
· Good proficiency in English
· Good knowledge of standard MS-Office products
Duration of employment:
After a successful trial period a permanent contract is extended.
Do you have what it takes?
Please convince us by sending your motivation and CV in English to Liana van Genuchten (HR@Glycostem.com). Selected candidates will be invited for a face-to-face interview with the line management.
Want to know more?
E-mail our HR department at HR@Glycostem.com for more information about Glycostem and the selection process.
Recruiters should not contact us.
Please be aware that your application means that the information you provide will be shared by and with HR and the employees who are involved with the procedure. In case the procedure with you ends, your application and provided information will be deleted within four weeks after the moment you have been informed. Your name and date of application will be registered in our database for statistical use and status only. By applying you agree with and have taken notice of these conditions.