Full time position
The role entails a broad range of duties and the specific areas of focus will be dependent on the skills and experience of the person holding the role.
The basic role is to develop cell production processes and their base operation steps according to Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP).
The Development Technician will work closely together with Development Engineers and Scientist and Project Managers of development projects.
- Write experimental plans and protocols;
- Perform experiments following specific protocols;
- Analyse results and write reports;
- Write, review and revise quality documents (Work Instructions, Work Sheets, SOPs);
- Prepare presentation for internal and external meetings; and
- Lab duty.
- Review challenges in GMP manufacturing and translate into improvement projects: process, disposables, equipment
- The development manager may add other research or development projects
Education, skills and experience
The job as Development Technician will be held by a person with:
- Completed education in biology or biotechnology, Bachelor (B.Sc., B.Asc.) or Master in biology or biotechnology
- Background in lab and analytical methods in cell culture, biotechnology and immunology
- Interest and experience in laboratory devices
- Preferably experience with disposable systems (filters, tubing, bag)
- Ability to plan and work independently
- Ability to bring tasks efficiently to results
- Ability to analyse scientific data and put into context
- Interest to perform laboratory experiments in large volumes
- Passion to translate scientific ideas into a procedure to manufacture a cell therapy product.
Conditions of employment:
- After a successful trial period a permanent contract is extended;
- Competitive salary
- Pension premium contribution;
- Travel allowance or public transport reimbursement;
- 25 holidays; and
- Holiday pay.
Do you have what it takes?
Please convince us by sending your motivation and CV in English to Liana van Genuchten (HR@GLycostem.com). We reply to you within 3 working days.
Want to know more?
E-mail our HR department at HR@Glycostem.com for more information about Glycostem and the selection process.
Recruiters should not contact us.
Please be aware that your application means that the information you provide will be shared by and with HR and the employees who are involved with the procedure. In case the procedure with you ends, your application and provided information will be deleted within four weeks after the moment you have been informed. Your name and date of application will be registered in our database for statistical use and status only. By applying you agree with and have taken notice of these conditions.