Glycostem is looking for a committed and experienced Medical Director/Clinical Scientist.
We are an international biotech company with more than 50 employees based in Oss, the Netherlands and driven by the knowledge, skills and teamwork of 15+ nationalities. Together we research, develop and manufacture new cancer therapies to add unique value to the global goal to cure cancer in a sustainable way.
Full time position
The Medical Director or Clinical Scientist drives the development of our therapeutics operationally as well as strategically and serves as a representative to internal and external stakeholders. The position can be based in Europe or the US, while most of the clinical activity for this position will be in the US.
• High quality and timely execution of clinical trial strategies in close coordination with the CMO
• Design and creation of clinical studies, including compilation of clinical documents (i.e. protocols, investigator’s brochure, clinical study reports) or providing respective sections
• Monitor, document, interpret and ensure timely publication of clinical study data
• Ensuring projects are conducted in compliance with relevant regulatory requirements and standards, specifically ICH-GCP, and in accordance with Glycostem standard operating procedures and policies.
• Medical oversight of clinical trials sponsored by Glycostem and Investigator Initiated Trials supported by Glycostem in close coordination with the CMO.
• Oversight of contracted medical monitoring activities
• Drug safety and pharmacovigilance responsibility or oversight thereof if outsourced
• Participation in Investigator Meetings and key scientific meetings/conferences.
• Cross-functional interactions with Glycostem Manufacturing, Development, Research, Regulatory Affairs and Quality Assurance departments.
• Support or conduct of early assessments of new therapeutic approaches and, as appropriate, assist in competitive intelligence and/or market assessment activities
• Maintain scientific and medical knowledge of assigned therapeutic and disease areas
• Assist in engagement and management of external stakeholders, ranging from KOLs, PIs to vendor representatives
• Management of Clinical Trial Managers.
The job of Medical Director will be held by a person with;
• MD with at least 5 to 10 years of experience in clinical development of therapeutics, preferably with cell and gene therapies
• Track record of successfully initiating and progressing projects from discovery into the clinic in the hemato-oncology therapeutic space.
• Outstanding communication skills, both verbal and written in English.
• Ability to work independently and prioritize duties.
• Effective time management and organization skills and attention to detail.
• Demonstrated ability to work within small teams in a fast-paced, changing environment.
• Willingness to travel extensively
English is our company language and must be well understood in writing and verbally.
Conditions of employment
What can we offer you:
• A permanent contract;
• Competitive salary;
• Pension premium contribution;
• Travel allowance or public transport reimbursement;
• 25 holidays; and
• Holiday pay
Do you have what it takes?
Please apply by sending your cover letter and CV in English to Liana van Genuchten (HR@Glycostem.com). We reply to you within 3 working days.
Want to know more?
E-mail our HR department at HR@Glycostem.com for more information about Glycostem and the selection process.
Recruiters should not contact us.
Please be aware that your application means that the information you provide will be shared by and with HR and the employees who are involved with the procedure. In case the procedure with you ends, your application and provided information will be deleted within four weeks after the moment you have been informed. Your name and date of application will be registered in our database for statistical use and status only. By applying you agree with and have taken notice of these conditions.