Full time position
The basic responsibility is to ensure that Glycostem is performing research according to Good Laboratory Practice (GLP), which are beyond state-of-the-art research activities, performed internally or with external partners from academia or industry.
The role entails a broad range of duties and the specific areas of focus will be dependent on the skills and experience of the person holding the role.
The research scientist will consult with senior research manager and make recommendations based on research findings and product performance. He/she will create functional strategies and specific objectives for the scientific team and prepare work plans, experimental plans, policies, procedures to support the research activities.
The Research Scientist:
· Is conducting research projects, managed and supervised by senior research manager
· Is participating in projects supervised by other research managers or scientists
· Develops personal expertise on specific topics
· Is familiar to state-of-the-art and beyond laboratory techniques
· Establishes new techniques or platforms as required
· Work independently
· Educate scientific staff such as research technicians and students
· Seek guidance/leadership from Senior Research Manager and CSO
· Interact and exchanges information with other external partners and internal project managers and scientists.
The research manager will work closely together with the Research and Development managers and scientists, and CSO.
· Process, receive, catalog clinical research samples
· Management of experiments and sub-projects
· Lab duty and maintenance of equipment
· Write, read scientific articles, experimental plans and protocols
· Run experiments, optimisation of methods, calculating budgets
· Develop and establish new technologies, as well as detailed protocols, to be implemented in the development and translated to the quality assurance operating procedures of new products
· Perform experiments following specific protocols
· Analyze results and write reports
· Keep updated with scientific developments
· Prepare presentation for internal and external meetings
· Contribute to grant and patent writing
· To attend and present data at scientific conferences
· Train and educate trainees for laboratory work
· Responsibility for special equipment ·
· From time-to-time the senior research manager or CSO may add other projects with focus on development.
Education, skills and experience
The job as Research Scientist will be held by a person with:
· PhD in biology focused on immunology, tumor immunology and molecular biology
· 4+ years of academic or industry experience in research projects
· Background in advanced laboratory analytical methods in immunology and molecular biology and high level skills on statistics
· Knowledge of TCR-NK Technology and NK Cell Receptors
· Experience in CAR expression in NK cells
· Experience in clinical sample profiling
· Ability to explain complex scientific details in a simple way yet at the same time have high level discussions with experts in the field
· Excellent understanding of both written and spoken English language (we are an English-speaking company)
Conditions of employment:
• A permanent contract is offered;
• Competitive salary
• Pension premium contribution;
• Travel allowance or public transport reimbursement;
• 25 holidays; and
• Holiday pay.
Do you have what it takes?
Please apply by sending your cover letter and CV in English to Liana van Genuchten (HR@Glycostem.com). We reply to you within 3 working days.
Want to know more?
E-mail our HR department at HR@Glycostem.com for more information about Glycostem and the selection process.
Recruiters should not contact us.
Please be aware that your application means that the information you provide will be shared by and with HR and the employees who are involved with the procedure. In case the procedure with you ends, your application and provided information will be deleted within four weeks after the moment you have been informed. Your name and date of application will be registered in our database for statistical use and status only. By applying you agree with and have taken notice of these conditions.